Thursday 5 November 2015

Forgotten Gems

No comments:
 


Do you ever find yourself aimlessly scrolling through the photos on your phone when you discover a picture that you have absolutely no recollection of? Well, that happened to me just now. Believe it or not I took the above photo over four months ago with the intention of uploading it to my Instagram account, but for some reason or another it got lost amongst the mass of selfies and holiday snaps.

My makeup routine has changed massively since July though - surprisingly I don't use many of the products pictured on a daily basis anymore as they have more than likely been stashed away in a makeup box and completely forgotten about!

The Maybelline 'Baby Lips' lip balm and the 'Photo Flawless' primer by Seventeen are still used on a daily basis, though. The primer is silicone-based so it helps to smooth out the skin's surface and create an even base for foundation, and the lip balm is great at adding instant moisture to the lips. The 'Falsies' mascara was also a favourite that I used everyday until it ran out, but I haven't yet repurchased it as I found a stack of mascaras hiding in a spare makeup bag the other day. The same applies to the Maybelline 'Better Skin' concealer, which I found great for hiding under-eye circles but slightly too dark for blemishes.

I purchased The Balm's 'Mary-Lou Manizer' after seeing numerous YouTube Beauty Gurus rave about it but in all honesty, I'd say I've only used it a handful of times - it's been sat on my chest of drawers for weeks! It's very pigmented so a little definitely goes a long way - a light dusting above the cheekbones is all you need to create a lovely highlight.

I tried using the 'Supercat' liquid eyeliner by Soap & Glory the other day for the first time in a while and I just couldn't get my wings even (#firstworldproblems). I'll probably stick it back in my makeup box for now until I can find the time to sit down and watch hours of tutorials to get myself back on track (or back on fleek!).
The same goes for the Sigma 'Brow Duo'. I have used it a few times with a Mac 266 brush but I do prefer using a brow pencil overall - it's a lot quicker and so much easier when trying to get the brows to look somewhat even. 

Last of all is the Mac blush in 'Springsheen'. This is lovely during the spring and summer months as it's a very shimmery, peach-toned shade, but for the winter months I prefer a darker, matte shade like Rimmel's blush in 'Smoked Oyster'.

Oh, and the Real Techniques brush are still used on the daily. How could I ever forget about those?!

Chloë
x


No comments:

Post a Comment