Monday 30 September 2013

Review | The Balm Shady Lady Vol. 3 Eyeshadows

No comments:
 


I thought I'd do a quick review on this little eyeshadow set I bought recently, seeing as I've been meaning to do this for days now.. and it's October tomorrow! (Where has this past month gone?!)

Anyway, I bought this little set a few weeks back and I've been trying it out so I can tell you a bit more about the eye shadows and how they wear throughout the day. I have to say I was drawn to the packaging before I even knew there were eyeshadows inside, how adorable is the giraffe print?!
The set consists of 9 individual eye shadows in a variety of colours- I'd say there's probably something to suit everybody as they do range from light, neutral colours to slightly brighter shades. One thing I would just like to mention about this set is that all of the shadows are glittery, there isn't one matte shadow in the set (*insert sad face*.) I do think it's a real shame there isn't a mix of shimmery and matte shadows, as I can find shimmery eyeshadows a bit restricting if you don't want to look too "dolled up" in the daytime. I tended to play safe and stick with the lighter colours as best as I could... I think using the darker colours around my blue eyes would have probably looked somewhat a disaster!
The colours I particularly liked to use were envious erin, come-hither heather and runaround rebecca. I liked that some of the shadows are multi-purpose and actually double up as a liner, such as the olive shade runaround rebecca; which I applied along my lower lash-line.
I found that envious erin was a nice colour to use in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them up and make my eyes look more awake, and I used come-hither heather through the crease. 
Being completely honest, they were the only colours I have used so far, and I'll explain why. I was so excited when I found this set because I thought I might finally be able to find my dream eye shadow (Mac 'Woodwinked' is currently my go-to shadow!) I was so impressed with the cute packaging and the way the eye shadows are all neatly displayed in the set, so I had high hopes that the eye shadows would deliver as they are such pretty colours... but the main problem I had was that the colours didn't last as long as I thought.  This was probably my own  fault for not applying enough, as I found that a few hours after applying these eyeshadows, most if not all of the colours had disappeared from my eyes. This could also be down to me not using a primer to set my eyes beforehand.. it can be really hard to get your eyeshadow to stay on if you don't prep the eyes first. For those slightly more adventurous people out there, this could be the perfect palette for you. There are so many different colour combinations this set has to offer, and like I previously mentioned, it's great how some of the colours have a double-purpose so you can use them as liners.

To put it simply, if you're a fan of shimmery eye shadows this could be the set for you. The compact packaging means it's small enough for you to have on-the-go, and it's rather handy that they've included a mirror. The colours are extremely rich and could really make your eyes glisten and "pop" for a perfect party look!

No comments:

Post a Comment