Friday 30 August 2013

Review | No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser

No comments:
 


Hello!

So I've had this product for a little while now, but as you can probably tell this is my very first blog post so I've never had the chance to review it!

I bought this product a few weeks back from Boots out of sheer curiosity after hearing a lot of good reviews about Hot Cloth Cleansers. I did a little bit of research and found out that many beauty bloggers are fans of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, which I was almost definitely going to try until I found out about the slightly more affordable one from No7.

Usually priced at £9.95, you receive 200ml of product in comparison to paying £13.25 for just 100ml of the Cleanse and Polish from Liz Earle. However I have to tell you that I didn't actually have to pay the full £9.95 for this product; as luckily I had one of the No7 £5 off vouchers making this a complete bargain at only £4.95! Obviously I had to buy it at this price, and to tell you the truth as soon as I noticed that the voucher was due to expire the following day I hopped straight on the bus and made my way to the nearest Boots. (This was on a Sunday too, talk about dedication!)

Anyway, back to the actual review. This product comes in a box along with a muslin cloth. This is used to help lift away any dirt from the face by gently exfoliating the skin. The product itself comes in a bottle with a little pump, which you apply onto dry skin all over the face using circular motions. You then soak the muslin cloth in hot water, before wringing it out and applying it to the face to open up the pores. 



I have to say when I first used this product I didn't experience any kind of 'wow factor'... colour and texture wise it reminded me of just an ordinary, everyday moisturiser which surprised me as I expected it to foam up in the same way that a face wash would; (little did I know this isn't the case with cleansers.) Nonetheless, I carried on using this product every night to remove my make up and it's definitely grown on me... so much so that now I feel like I actually couldn't be without it!

Despite never using a hot cloth cleanser before, I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone. It has an incredibly light texture which makes it easy to smooth all over the skin, and there's no overpowering smell to it either; just a simple, clean scent. I wouldn't say it left my face feeling overly hydrated, but my skin did feel smooth and clean afterwards.

So, there you have it. Long gone are the days where I'd take the lazy option and reach for the nearest pack of make-up wipes. Now I actually cleanse my face properly every single night with this trusty hot cloth cleanser, so thank you No7!

No comments:

Post a Comment